February's Valentine's Day(s) Special

The Final's Special worked so well, and I have been thinking about this for months!  For the month of February, we will have the "Best Kisses" that I've done before for Valentine's Day, but this is going to be a Fourteen-Day Extravaganza.  I have been preparing and preparing for this folks.  Each day, I will submit to you three kisses: One from a movie, one from a TV show and one from an animated movie.  In the end, we will have the Fourteen Best of TV, Movies and Animation.  I am bad with ordering things that I like, so they are in either the order the clips were procured or I thought of them, or just in random order.  But, if you're not a kiss person, then you may choose not read these.  If you are like most women and some men in the modern world, I think you will enjoy this as much as I do.

Day 1:  Best Movie Kisses, Far and Away

Far and Away is a very corny movie.  I do not pretend that this is not so.  And yet, it is so corny in a wonderful way.  I think what makes this kiss good is not so much the actual kiss, but how much Joseph and Shannon are pretending to not want to kiss.  And then, they realize, "To heck with this!  We love each other."



Day 1: Best TV Kisses, Chuck

Even before I changed to my system where we separated out the kisses by artform, this kiss was on the list.  This is Chuck and Sarah's kiss, back when Chuck was just a bumbling computer geek who had gotten caught up in a lot of spy business that he didn't really know how to handle.  And yet, Sarah saw his value as a person, even if he couldn't kick butt like she could.  Isn't that adorable?  And he knows that she is not the hard-shelled spy that she pretends to be, but really just a softie inside.



Day 1: Best Animated Kisses, Lady and the Tramp

Some people argue that this kiss should never be considered for my list because they are, quite frankly, dogs.  And I see the point.  Not because I don't think dogs can kiss (which is their logic), but that I hate dogs.  However, Tramp and Pidge both don't act like normal dogs, and I even like them.  However, people who are not dogs try to recreate the Lady and the Tramp kiss all the time.  So, not only is it cute and lovable, but has changed forever the way humans kiss.  It should, therefore, be on the list if only for sheer cultural impact. 


Comments

Evelyn said…
I have always had a difficult time with the movie Far and Away. (I did make it through the whole thing once in a theater and that was more than enoubh.) That probably colors me feelings about that kiss, though. The Chuck one I love!

Popular posts from this blog

Over-analyzing Disney Movies: The Little Mermaid--Why Eric is White.

Derevaun Seraun! Derevaun Seraun!

What does it mean to be a Russell?