40 Bags in 40 Days: Day 3

I had plans about all the things I was going to get done today.  Unfortunately, it also involved me getting up at 1 pm (working nights).  Well, my alarm went off and my body said, "Nope.  Nope.  Nope.  Nope."  So, I went back to sleep until 2:45...and I have to teach violin at 3 on Saturdays. 

I took care of the problem mostly by doing one thing:  eliminating Irish dance practice today.  I was slated for 2 hours.  According to my teacher's couch potato to champion practice plan, at least.  Which I took on to see if I could do it...before finding out that she was expecting the only people who would be willing to put in the work would be the people training for the World Championships and such...but I basically hurt (in a WONDERFUL way, and I can see a huge difference in my dancing, but I hurt).  And next week is the last week of Phase 2...which is really easy because Phase 3 is the hardest phase.  Apparently it's based off of Iron Man training plans.  Fascinating. Anyways, I got rid of that, and now my plan is back on track.  All I have left is the overwhelming feeling of guilt.  I guess my hips, thighs and calves will thank me tomorrow--especially since yesterday was turnout training and TOE-WALK training.  Toe walking is en pointe for Irish dancers, and I am wigging out that I'm actually at that point in my dancing, but do you know how much muscle it takes--from your feet to your core--to effectively do it?  So, I am in minor discomfort pretty much always.

But we did do our declutter for the day.  For a moment today I had a feeling of "Is this actually achieving anything?"  And yes, feeling like that on day three is a very bad sign.  But I think it's because I wanted big changes.  But then, I think about the fact that already I have removed an entire moving box of crud from my apartment (yes, some of that was essentially trash (see Day 1), and yes that box isn't very well packed).   But if that happens every three days...wow!  Perhaps I should have also started at the beginning taking pictures of the pile of stuff that was going to be exiting my apartment after that day's work.

Today's cleaning was the kitchen drawers.  Again, this is not a very cluttered part of my apartment, but we do have to consider the fact that I have non-functioning kitchenware in one of my drawers.  That apple slicer that I have hated since the day I bought it (it feels like it's going to break every time you use it).  The vegetable peeler that is probably one of the worst vegetable peelers ever constructed.  I have nice kitchen scissors in my knife-block that I use.  Why do I have awful dollar-store ones in one of my kitchen drawers that I don't think I have taken out of that drawer since I moved into my apartment 1 1/2 years ago?  Etc.  All of these non-functioning gadgets are GONE!

Before:






After:




Tomorrow, there will be no decluttering in observance of the Sabbath.  But Monday, we tackle the dreaded CHURCH BAG!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Over-analyzing Disney Movies: The Little Mermaid--Why Eric is White.

Derevaun Seraun! Derevaun Seraun!

What does it mean to be a Russell?