40 Bags in 40 Days: Day 5

As many of you know, I am a writer.  I have considered myself a writer since I started to finally write down the stories in my brain when I was about twelve.  I also found then that I have a knack for creating believable characters (though I struggle with physical descriptions), and, if I'm in the right frame of mind, can turn words quite well.  But being a writer accumulates so much paper!  I have a crate of crud from writing.

I decided to take on that crate as one of my days in the 40 Bags in 40 Days challenge.

This one actually took a long time, mostly because I would start reading it to decide whether I wanted to keep it or not, at which point I would start remembering this story that I never finished and start thinking about it.  I actually found myself with a red pen editing some of these crazy-old stories.  Which isn't necessarily an unproductive thing to do, but that wasn't in the plan.  I guess the side effect was that I now am fired up about going back to some old stories that I never finished, or some old short stories that could do with some editing now that I'm a little more mature as a writer.

Unfortunately, the before and after picture isn't very surprising.  It looks about the same.  So, I'm going to show you the other part, too.  What I actually got rid of!

Before:

(yes the stack of papers on the side belongs as well)

After:



 (The spiral-bounds on top are two of my three finished novels currently in editing stage--the other is in my bedroom being edited--and the books on the side were not part of this project at all)

I know this doesn't look much different, so here's the real changes.

The stack of papers that is leaving the apartment (via recycle bin):

The notebook no longer needed in the crate:



The collective amount of blank lined notebook paper that left miscellaneous binders, and folders that will be going to the drawer where I get lined notebook paper when I need it:





(Yes I use blue notebook paper.  It stimulates my muse).

I have to say that this is one project that could still use a lot of decluttering.  If I took DAYS to type up all of the stuff that could be typed I could eliminate even more of this crate.  But I already worked on it for almost three hours.  And I feel like I really improved the situation. And maybe after this 40 Days, I will need another 40 Day go around (according to the project, that is allowed). 

Join me tomorrow as I declutter my fridge!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Over-analyzing Disney Movies: The Little Mermaid--Why Eric is White.

Derevaun Seraun! Derevaun Seraun!

What does it mean to be a Russell?