New Year's Resolution Check in!:

I have something frightening to tell you all.  We are three months into the New Year.

That meas that it's time to recommit to those New Year's Resolutions.  For those who are not familiar with me, I evaluate myself on my New Year's Resolutions every three months, because the most common reason for me not meeting my New Year's Resolutions is that I forget what they were.

So....let's see how I am doing.

Health Goals

Eat at least one meal every day: Ugh...I'm not doing super well on this one.

Carry around a water bottle: I have moments.  I've been doing terribly this week, as I left my water bottle at my Irish dance studio...the week that we have no class (due to last week's terror)
Remain at a weight that I am happy with:  I have actually lost weight.  But I have no feelings about that really.  It just happened because I have been dancing a lot more...and maybe because I don't eat food.  I have to be healthy, and I'm happy with that.

Writing Goals 

Finish first edit of novel "War to End All Wars": I have been working on this quite a bit, but I haven't finished it.

Finish first edit of novel "Passing the Setting Sun": I have been editing "War To End All Wars," so I haven't really edited this yet, but it's on the list.

Finish first draft of "The Secrets (and Amazing Adventures) of Timothy Pavlock": DONE!
 
Finish first draft of "The Legend of Jael": Haven't even worked on this yet.

Complete NaNoWriMo in November: Not November yet.

Reading Goals

Read at least 100 books: I am a little bit behind schedule, with 13 books read (that's 9 behind), but I am still very capable of achieving this.

5% of total books read must be non-fiction: Having read 1, I have a running percentage of 7.6%

7.5% of total books read must be "classic" or "great" books: I have read 15.3% "classic" or "great" books (counting Catch-22 and Frankenstein.  If John Carter of Mars counts, we have 23%...I'm not sure if I count it or not, and I am open to input on that).

Religious and Family History Goals

Read scriptures every day: I am doing a bit better at this, but this last week was rough.

 Pray every day:  I need to recommit to this.

Index or arbitrate 300 records every quarter: Recommit.  (Which means that I have failed)

Find 14 names for the temple: I need to make work on this.

Go to the temple at least twice per month: I have kept up the once a month...twice a month has been struggling, but hopefully, I will get there.

Diligently look for an eternal companion: Ugh.  I am trying, but to be honest, I really am getting discouraged about this.

Professional and Career Goals

Get into a PhD program:  Got in, accepted, going i July.

Finish 14 CE Credits for ASCP: Need to work on this some more.

Music and Dance Goals

Finish John Thompson Level 4:  I have made some progress, but haven't finished it yet.  Need to be more committed to it.

Learn all of Mozart Concerto in A major for violin: Okay...we will do it.

Achieve Prizewinner Level in all Irish Dance competition categories: Not there yet, but I have high hopes for the future.  Other than the fact that my turn-out is appallingly awful.

Practice Irish Dance consistently: Doing pretty well on this.

Renaissance Project Goals


Finish my current Latin book: Recommit

Finish my current Ancient Greek book:  Recommit.

Finish my current Hebrew book: Recommit.

Camp Little Oak Goals
These are goals for Camp Little Oak...the camp that I run.
Get a functional website up and running: I need to work more on this.
Revamp the Staff Manual: Currently writing it.

Financial Goals

Keep an Up-to-date budget: So bad at this...I need to be better.
  Random Goals

Sew a dress: Recommit.

Do Four Things on my bucket list: Recommit.

Visit One New State: Technically, I had never been to Kentucky...and now I have.  But I didn't really visit it.
Crochet a scarf:Recommit.
Bake Once a Week: I need to be better about this.  But I baked today!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Over-analyzing Disney Movies: The Little Mermaid--Why Eric is White.

Derevaun Seraun! Derevaun Seraun!

What does it mean to be a Russell?