40 Bags in 40 Days: Day 18

Wow!  Today was quite the day of decluttering.  A lot went in the recycle bin, a fair bit went in the DI, and a huge stack went to another place, which I will talk about below.

I decluttered my desk.  I'm sure we all know what desks can get like.  Well, mine is like that. 



Before:




After:


And this is the pile that I am doing something special with.  I am not crafty.  As in, not at all crafty.  I'm not being modest or something like that.  But sometimes I have to buy a craft item for something I need for primary or my camp or such.  One SPECIFIC craft item for one SPECIFIC craft project.  I keep it all, thinking that I could use it again.  I don't ever use it again.  But, though I have no problem donating things to thrift stores, if there is a specific place that could use it, I like to do that instead.  Plus I don't know that craft items are best served being donated to a thrift store.  So, instead I called the local elementary school and asked them if they wanted my craft stash.  I did keep some glue sticks, my boxes of crayons.  The things that I actually use.  But the rest of this pile can just leave my life.  I don't want it.  But someone does.  So I gave it to them. 




I also gave them a scientific calculator.  I bought it when I took my MLS registry exam.  They told me that I couldn't use my TI-83 plus, and that I needed to buy a scientific calculator.  So I did.  And then they gave me a calculator anyways and wouldn't let me use it...sigh.  So, I donated that to the elementary school as well.  I'm sure they can find a use for it.


Join me tomorrow when I clean out my laundry closet!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Over-analyzing Disney Movies: The Little Mermaid--Why Eric is White.

Derevaun Seraun! Derevaun Seraun!

What does it mean to be a Russell?