40 Bags in 40 Days: Day 25!

I have been neglecting my Decluttering Duties.  But maybe I should explain it this way:  I have just had one of the WORST weeks on imaginable.   Combine that with the fact that I'm an Irish dancer, and this week is St. Patrick's Day.   I won't go into details, but between my daytime nap yesterday and my night sleep last night, I slept for nineteen hours!  Tomorrow will be similarly neglected because of St. Patrick's Day...I will be gone all day....but today, I did do something.  I cleaned out the drawers under my bed.

I have a captain's style bed.  We talked about how I like the look of tidy, utilized space.  So, the idea of basically sleeping on top of your dresser is very appealing to me. 

Before:


After:

Yes, I only ditched a few un-used shirts, but I also got rid of those two tops.  Yes, THOSE two.  You all knew this, I'm sure, but I'm Mormon.  When Mormons reach a certain age, they go through the temple ("receiving your endowment"), and then they start wearing temple garments.  Basically, it's underwear--it goes to about your knees, and it has capped sleeves for women, short sleeves for men.  I wear tops and bottoms that are separate, but there are a few people (mostly elderly people) who wear them one-piece.  But it's special underwear that marks your temple covenant and that you have made that covenant.  When I went became endowed, my mother encouraged me to buy several different styles of garments made of several different fabrics to decide which I liked best.  It was very good advice, and I found that I liked chemise style made of carinessa fabric, if you needed to know.  Well, I had a couple of pairs of the kind that I didn't like.  In fact, I didn't just dislike this style...I basically hated it.  So, I never wore them.  They sat in my drawer as the back-up garments, but even when I was out of garments, I would find a way to not wear them.  I had done laundry before to avoid wearing them.  So, I got rid of them.  For garments, that means cutting them up, because they are sacred and can't just be given to a thrift store, so it was a bit more work than usual, but I did it.

Join me on Friday (skipping St. Patrick's Day) for cleaning out my food storage.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Over-analyzing Disney Movies: The Little Mermaid--Why Eric is White.

Derevaun Seraun! Derevaun Seraun!

What does it mean to be a Russell?