40 Bags in 40 Days: Day 26

I know that I said that today I would be cleaning out my food storage containers.  But you know how sometimes you write a note to yourself or put something on your to-do list and then realize that you have no idea what you were talking about? (At least I hope I'm not the only one that does that).  Well, today I realized that I was in that boat.  I had no idea what I was going on about.  So, instead, I cleaned out my pantry.  And the day that I was supposed to clean out my pantry...well, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. 

It turns out that it is a very bad idea to clean out your tall, deep pantry, however, when you are 5'1'' and did 6 Irish dance shows yesterday because you have to climb up and down the chair you're standing on.  I already woke up walking like an old person (and somehow need to not be walking like an old person by 7pm tonight when we have another show). 

However, here's before and after:

Before:




After: 





A huge part of this is making sure that everything is reachable to Hannah height.  I arrange my kitchen around the fact that I'm short as heck.  But it's MY kitchen, right?  So, that's how it's a-gonna-be.

I did however find some cake/cookie decorating supplies that I got for activities with kids. I don't decorate.  So, now I have to find something to do with them.

Well, tomorrow, I will be cleaning out  my computer documents...I'm really excited about this, but I'm also dreading it.  There is a lot of mess there.



Comments

Evelyn said…
I also do my kitchen for the vertically challenged person I am. When I lived in Seoul, my cleaning lady would always do deeper cleaning when I was gone for the summer, and she would "reorganize" my cupboards. Every August I would spend one of my first nights back in Seoul fixing everything so that the stuff I used on a more regular basis was easy to reach! It only made sense for my height and my preferences!

Popular posts from this blog

Over-analyzing Disney Movies: The Little Mermaid--Why Eric is White.

Derevaun Seraun! Derevaun Seraun!

What does it mean to be a Russell?