25 Days of Christmas Baking Day 13: Eggnog Cookies

I hate eggnog.  I have not a use in the world for the stuff.  However, this list is not about what I like, but about what the general public would like.  Plus, I had to complete the trio of Christmas beverage cookies.  So here we go!

This recipe comes from I Heart Naptime. I altered the glaze (because it was more of an icing than a glaze--and icing is gross a lot of the time.  Even if you like eggnog).





Eggnog cookies

3/4 c butter
1 1/4 c sugar
2 egg yolks
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 c eggnog
 1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 1/4 c flour

Eggnog glaze

1/2 c sugar
1/4 c egg nog
powdered sugar
nutmeg (for garnish)

1. cream butter and sugar
2. add egg yolks and vanilla
3. add eggnog
4. add all dry ingredients
5. chill for at least 20 minutes
6. Preheat oven to 350degrees
7. bake cookies on parchment for 14-16 minutes
8. allow cookies to cool
9. on medium heat, cook sugar and eggnog to a glaze
10. after the mixture has cooled slightly, transfer to a mixing bowl.  Add powdered sugar until it is a little thicker than sweetened condensed milk
11. drizzle on cookies and top with nutmeg

Comments

Amy R said…
Hey, when you add the picture, you might want to fix the amount of eggnog in the glaze. I think you left out part of the measurement. I actually might try these.

Popular posts from this blog

Over-analyzing Disney Movies: The Little Mermaid--Why Eric is White.

Derevaun Seraun! Derevaun Seraun!

What does it mean to be a Russell?