25 Days of Christmas Baking Day 5: Peanut Blossoms

So, yesterday, we had a touch of the unusual. Today, we're back to the basics, people.  With the good, old-fashioned peanut blossom.  Everyone loves peanut blossoms, right?


This recipe is mostly of my own invention/I was taught the basics of a peanut butter cookie so long ago that I don't remember who taught me, but my money's on my mother.

 I have a confession to make though.  I made them wrong.  I put in too much flour and didn't realize it until I was typing the recipe up for the post and then though, "I put in more flour than that.  Like a lot more flour.  Like a cup too much."  Surprisingly, they aren't that bad.  The peanut butter flavor is not as strong though.  They're a little bland.



Peanut Blossoms

Milk Chocolate kisses
1/2 c butter
3/4 c creamy peanut butter
1/3 c granulated sugar
1/3 c brown sugar
1 egg
2 tbl milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 c all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

1. Heat oven to 375
2. beat butter and peanut butter
3. add sugars and beat until fluffy
4. add egg milk and vanilla
5. stir in flour, baking soda and salt
6. shape dough into 1-inch balls.  Roll in granulated sugar; place on cookie sheet
7. Bake 8-10 minutes.  Press chocolate kiss into center of each cookie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Over-analyzing Disney Movies: The Little Mermaid--Why Eric is White.

Derevaun Seraun! Derevaun Seraun!

What does it mean to be a Russell?