Today: New Horizons, and Girl's Camp

Hey, I've some interesting news. I had heard of her, but until today, I'd never heard Avril Lavigne sing. I don't know whether or not she's cool or not, but I actually kind of liked her singing. It was a solid sound, and I liked the feeling that she brought.

Anyway, today, I went to the first Girl's Camp meeting with my girls. I'm Unit 5 and I have the nicest bunch of 2nd year girls. They're really great. The Girl's Camp Theme is from D&C 25: 12- "For my soul delighteth in the song of the heart; yea, the song of the righteous is a prayer unto me, and it shall be answered with a blessing upon their heads." Therefore, each group has picked a different song and a theme to go with that. We're "You Can Fly," and thus, we are pretending to be pixies. It'll be fun. The only thing that's sort of a little ironic, is when me and the other two KitKats (Youth Leaders) were thinking about themes to present to them, we thought we could do "Seize the Day" and be the Newsies Girls. However, we thought that these 13-year-old girls, wouldn't even know what a Newsie was. So, it was booted off the island. Ironically, I friend of mine KitKatting a different group, guess what they're being: you guessed it. The "Seize the Day" Newsies Girls. So I guess we underestimated the cultural literacy of 13-year-old girls.

My brother (20 years old) claims the only reason my sister and I like the the Newsies is because they are a bunch of guys who think they look too good without shirts on. The thing is, guys who are buff, sing and dance are too good to be true. And they do look REALLY good without their shirts on. Anyways...moving on.

But at any rate, I'm thinking I'm going to have fun with this pixie theme. I'm still debating whether or not it would be safe to give them pixie sticks... hmm.

Comments

Amy R said…
Hey, Hannah, Beth and I were just commenting today that guys look better with shirts on as we saw a rather unattractive one coming up the street--so maybe Beth doesn't agree with you. Or maybe she was trying to appease me, or maybe it is just buff ones that can sing and dance that look good without their shirts on.

Popular posts from this blog

Over-analyzing Disney Movies: The Little Mermaid--Why Eric is White.

Derevaun Seraun! Derevaun Seraun!

What does it mean to be a Russell?