My inanimate objects I love

I know that it's silly to love inanimate objects, but some of them have life and personality. I'm going to share these personalities with you today.

First, my violin, Evangeline. Yes, she has a name, and she picked it. One day, I was practicing, and while talking to her about what we needed to put forth, it came into my mind, and I guessed it must be her name, because it's made sense ever since. Evangeline is happy, and mellow with a soft tone on chords, but loud and unsatisfied with my lack of ability to play her as she could be played. She's absolutely right, so I don't blame her for it.

Now, I started thinking that my dance shoes must have had names as well, because I'm come to notice that they seem to have life in them as well. But I internally asked them and asked them, but then I realized that they were mass produced, unlike Evangeline, and thus probably were not made with names. So, I started looking for some good names, and presenting them to the shoes. I finally realized that I was picking old-fashioned American girl's names, but then I realized that they were all Irish, and I realized that the hard shoes are boys anyways. So, finally, they have names. My left ghillie (meaning the one broken in to my left foot), is name Aisling (that's pronounced like Ashling). My right ghillie is named Ethne (no, that's not Ethnee, that's like Ethna). My left hardshoe is named Tiernan and my right is named Ciaran. They are all in teams, and good at working in teams. But Tiernan is not as...flexible...as Ciaran. Tiernan is very good at back beats, but his double-rallies are a little ishish, and his brushes could use a little work too. Ciarnan is the opposite. (They tell me it's just my feet, but how could it be! ;))I don't know why, but Aisling is more worn than Ethne, and I haven't been able to figure out why, because they should be the same age.

Last, my guitar. Her name is Selene. I was just playing her once, and the name came to my mind. I assume that she lets me pick how to spell it. Selene would like me to play her more often, but when I do play her, she is easy to use and kind of has an old-lady air about her. She has a little boo-boo on her front, and I don't know how it got there.

Now, I promise that I'm not as crazy as I sound, but they do have personalities, likes and dislikes. I'm not even kidding you. I wish I could figure out my piano's personality too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Over-analyzing Disney Movies: The Little Mermaid--Why Eric is White.

Derevaun Seraun! Derevaun Seraun!

What does it mean to be a Russell?