The World is Changing

Now, I'm a younger one, compared to some, but still I can't help but think that the worlds today is changing faster than it has before--on so many different levels. Yesterday, I was a group leader for Activity Days Camp. They have all sorts of different art supplies that I never had when I was in elementary school. Erasable colored pencils, erasable markers, erasable crayons, and crayons, markers and pencils that come out when you twist the bottom. Why didn't they have erasables when I was in elementary school? But even out of crayola, weather people are usually right these days! When did that start happening? And we've triumphed over so many diseases that rarely are diseases at Evergreen contagious, except for the (get this) super developed antibiotic resistant strain of tuberculosis.

There are so many advancements, think of the cell phone. I remember how clunky our first cell phone was, and we thought it was high-tech! I remember no-sound, black and white PCs. My parents remember a world without PCs. I remember when the printer paper came out with the little holey strips on the sides that you have to pull off. I was born the year the nintendo became portable, and now portable nintendos are considered archaic. Now we have wiis and things like that. I remember Walkmans and all the sudden, we have Ipods. I remember when airbags were cutting edge technology, and now everyone has them.

The world is changing fast. Perhaps the world is being prepared for Christ faster and faster. It's being brought closer to Him and God and closer to understanding Christ's world at a breakneck speed. But, it's also being pulled farther away from him at a breaknect speed. Every advancement brings us either closer to God or closer to Satan, and the scariest thing is that it's the same advancement that does both. We just have to use what is given and what we learn in a righteous way. That's the tough part.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Over-analyzing Disney Movies: The Little Mermaid--Why Eric is White.

Derevaun Seraun! Derevaun Seraun!

What does it mean to be a Russell?