New Outlook On Life

So, if you haven't already noticed, I try to be positive, but I always come off as negative for some reason. Therefore, I am trying to change my outlook on life. For starters, I am not allowed to be negative for the rest of the week. If you're a positive personality, you probably don't realize just how hard this is. But I'm determined.

To help me in this endeavor, and to prove that I'm not as negative as I think I am, I've made a list of little things that make me happy. I once heard them being called natural highs:

*Being able to explain something in scientific terms: it makes me feel confident in my world
*Warm socks straight from the dryer
*Cleaning out an old file or box
*Organizing my room
*Learning something interesting about a language
*Getting the beats of my hardshoes just right
*Feeling my violin vibrato very easily, and on that line, feeling my violin strings ring in sympathy with sounds around me
*Seeing a complete stranger wave or smile at me
*moments of pure non-awkward silence
*hearing a favorite song on the radio
*laughing with all my family members
*feeling the Spirit of the Lord
*leaving for a roadtrip
*reading in the sun on a blanket in the front yard
*hearing a lawn mower, a bird and a buzzing bee at the same time (it's so cool sounding)
*listening to rain
*feeling a hamster's fur
*New socks
*Getting a letter in the mail (that's not junk)
*someone else painting my nails or braiding my hair
*playing the piano
*coming to consider a new person a friend
*Eating ice cream without a thought as to what's in it
*learning a new word

This just starts the list. I'm not as negative as I appear to be. But I could still be tons more positive.

Comments

Margaret said…
Hahhaaha - I love it!

I have a list like that too... here's an excerpt:

-Melting butter on freshly toasted toast
-Orange socks (dude! you like socks too?!)
-Using the C string on the cello
-Finding just the right pair of jeans
-Mud mud mud
-Freshly made pasta - not to soggy
-Doing homework in the park by the creek
-Meeting new snazzy friends
-Stapling together an essay
-that "click" feeling during math or science
-People I don't talk to as often as I used to acknowledging my presence
-UNIQUE NEW YORK
-Running through the fields with friends
-Just laying in the grass and thinking
-the Smell of books
-those moments with the worship team where everything just seems to come together perfectly
-Reaching in and pulling out the perfect flavoured jelly bean on the first try
-Talking to others with a passion (true passion) for photography
-Long talks with people I haven't talked to for a while when we realize what we've been missing
-white out
-kool aid
-giving people cookies
-hugs
-jumping

And so much more.

I'm going to give you a snazzy verse. It helps me be positive... cause I used to be quite pessimisstic I think....

"Finally brothers, whatever is true, noble, right, pure, lovely, or admirable.... think about such things."

It's so simple, yet it has gotten me so far. It also covers me as a guideline in what movies I watch and what music I listen to.

"The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song."
Psalm 28:7

There's the answer! Thankfullness! Pretty snazzy eh?

I'm excited to be able to view your blog and see into the mind of Miss Hannah!

-Maggie-
Margaret said…
"She will always be my
sunkissed trampoline!
She goes up and down in my mind!"

Mwahahaha :P

Popular posts from this blog

Over-analyzing Disney Movies: The Little Mermaid--Why Eric is White.

Derevaun Seraun! Derevaun Seraun!

What does it mean to be a Russell?