This Week is the Week

This week is the official week. I am to be a YCL starting this week at Young Women's Camp. Yes, the name KitKat has been done away with. I don't actually know why. You see, the Church Young Women's Camp Manual calls us YCLs. That is an acronym for Youth Camp Leader. The Bothell Washington Stake has called them KitKats (Kounselor in Training, Kounselor Already Trained) for as long as I can remember, and probably before as well. However, they have randomly decided that we are now to be YCLs once again.

At this camp, I will be YCL-ing nine 2nd years. I have devotionals and certification all ready. I am to be teaching them about starting fires with the aid of matches and extinguishing them. Young Women do not need to start fires without matches until their 3rd year. My YCL colleagues, Emily and Audrey, will be teaching clouds and water purification respectively. Stars will be taught by an adult, and first aid by the camp nurse.

I'm a little bit nervous in some ways, as I'm sure I'm going to mess up, but I'm excited. I am hoping to make a great camp experience for my girls and for myself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Over-analyzing Disney Movies: The Little Mermaid--Why Eric is White.

Derevaun Seraun! Derevaun Seraun!

What does it mean to be a Russell?