I Guess I Should Say Something...

I haven't been very good about posting, so I should probably say something.

So, here I am in Utah, taking Beth down to college. I'm at my Grandpa's House, typing away on my little laptop (I love this thing. I bought it and I've not been sorry yet). I know that Beth has decided that I'm glad she's going, but I'm really not. I'm going to miss her being in Young Women's with me. I'm going to miss seeing her in the halls at Inglemoor High School. I'm going to miss playing the piano while she sings just for the hey of it. I'm going to miss being with her. I really while miss her.

Recently, my cousin, Julie, posted her typical day. So, I figure I should do something similar. So, here it goes. Even though school doesn't start until next week, I'm going to predict my school days as well as I can. I don't know what classes are what periods and such, but I'm going to do my best at predicting. You see, they handed out the schedules today, but I'm kind of in Utah, so that wouldn't work out so well.

Heres as much as I know (I know what classes I have because I had to change some stuff):

-IB History of the Americas: This is either taught by Ms. Monaghan or Ms. Rosenzweig.
-IB English 11: This is either taught by Mr. Curtis or Ms. Drumheller
-Pre-Calc: This is taught by Ms. Gruber, Mr. Smith, or probably some other teachers that I don't know about.
-IB Biology: I'm pretty sure that I'm in a year that Mrs. Stewart teaches, but technically, Ms. Black teaches this class as well (they alternate years I think)
-French 300: I know that I have Madame Hallenbeck for this one (Madame Hallenbeck and Madame Marchand switch back and forth. One year one will teach 200 & 400/500/600 and the other will teach 100&300 and then they switch)
-IB Psychology: I know I have Ms. Starwich (she's the only one who teaches this)
-ASL 100 (American Sign Language...the language that deaf people use): I know I have Ms. Boulac (she's the only one who teaches this)
-Seminary: I think I have Sister Bramwell...she taught the Junior/Senior class last year

So, my school-year day. I'll do a...Monday and then explain differences. It's the most descriptive of my life, I think

4:30 am- Ignore my alarm clock. I place the thing away from the bed so that I have to get up to turn it off, and I still get back in bed. I'm hoping that I'll get better at this this year.
4:35 am- My mom comes and gets me up.
4:36 am- I traipse to the bathroom and take a shower.
4:42ish am- I do my hair and all that girlie stuff
4:55 hopefully am- Make my bed and fix up stuff and gather all the stuff I'll need during the day. Say morning prayers.
5:15 am- breakfast--worst time of the day. I don't always eat anything. I just don't like breakfast
5:25 am- Family scripture study
5:30-35 am- Family prayers
5:37 am- put on shoes and stuff and get all stuff for school
5:40 am- sit around for a little bit
5:45 am- leave for seminary
6:00 am- arrive at early morning seminary
6:45 am- Seminary ends
6:46 am- mad dash for the parking lot, trying to get to school on time
7:00 am- arrive at school
7:02 am- get to 1st Period (don't know what that is yet, unfortunately)
7:10 am- First period starts
8:03 am- 1st period is over (don't ask why 8:03...that's the way it works I guess)
8:08 am- 2nd period starts
9:01 am- 2nd period is over. Break starts. Break is a pretty pathetic time of day. Mostly I start on the homework from 1st or 2nd period. But you can get robbed out of money for snacks at the student store, or go to the CLC store where a cup of hot chocolate is a quarter. CLC store is the Contained Learning Center Store. The Contained Learning Center is the place where the kids with severe mental disabilities are, and the CLC store is pretty much where they learn how to make change and stuff like that. These kids are SO sweet though. Kids with mental disabilities from all around come to Inglemoor High School for this program.
9:11 am- Break is over. Third period starts
10:04 am- Third period is over
10:09 am- Fourth period starts
11:02 am- Fourth period is over
11:07 am- So here's where it gets tricky. I don't know whether I have lunch here or if I have fifth period. It all depends on whether I have A lunch or B lunch, which depends on your teacher for the corresponding period. Without my schedule, I dunno. So, if I have A lunch, I'll have lunch until 11:42 which is when fifth period starts. If I have B lunch, I'll have fifth period until noon and then I'll have lunch.
12:40 pm- the Last aspect of that aforementioned mess, according to the predetermined specifications will end
12:45 pm- 6th period starts
1:40 pm- 6th period is over. More than half the school goes home. Those of us that have cursed ourselves to 7th period do not and must therefore dodge the mess of those going home.
1:45 pm- 7th period starts
2:40 pm- 7th period ends
3:10-20 pm- I arrive at home
3:30 pm- I teach piano to three wittle kids. One of them is just young, one of them is reluctant and one of them is truly gifted on the piano. So there's a different experience in each of them.
5:00 pm- I'm done teaching them piano. My dad picks me up from their house (they're my only travel-to students).
5:15 pm- We have dinner
5:30 pm- I go to my room to work on homework
7:00 pm- We have family night
8:00ish pm- I return to my room for more homework
Whenever homework is done. Could be 8:30 could be Midnight- I get ready for bed and crawl in before writing in my journal, reading scriptures, saying prayers and then we're go.

So, now you see my somewhat pathetic, somewhat exciting life. The differences are in that on Tuesdays the schedule turns out 1st, break, 2nd, 5th (lunch based off), 6th, 7th, homework, teach violin: Wedesdays it's 1st, break, 3rd, 4th (lunch based off), 5th, 7th, homework, YW activity: Thursdays it's 2nd, break, 3rd, 4th (lunch based off), 6th, volunteer at hospital: Fridays it's 1st, 2nd, break, 3rd, 4th, 5th (lunch based off), 6th, 7th, Irish dance class and then whatever. So there ya go. It's pretty fun really.

Last, I'm going to share a song that illustrates the shallowness of Mormon girls in general. This is a girl's camp song, or the lyrics to:

Mormon, Mormon, Mormon, Mormon,
Mormon, Mormon, Mormon, Mormon,
I love my Mormon boy,
He is my pride and joy,
He knows most everything,
From Alma on down, WOO!
Someday I'll be his wife,
We'll have eternal life,
Oh how I love my Mormon boy!
M-O-R-E M-E-N
MoreMEN! MoreMEN! Sing it again!
(Do sing it again)
REMIX!
Mormon, Mormon, Mormon, Mormon,
Mormon, Mormon, Mormon, Mormon,
We are the Mormon Girls,
We wear our hair in curls,
We wear our daddy's shirts,
Down to our knees. WOO!
We are the biggest flirts,
We don't wear mini-skirts,
And oh how we loves those Mormon boys!


See what I'm talking about?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Over-analyzing Disney Movies: The Little Mermaid--Why Eric is White.

Derevaun Seraun! Derevaun Seraun!

What does it mean to be a Russell?