The Post of Four Subtopics

The Post of Four Subtopics

Introduction:

I find that I have not written in awhile. Therefore, I need to update y’all. The bad part is thus: being the organizational freak that I am, I don’t know if I could handle a willy-nilly post. So, I will organize it into four bolded topics.

Family Reunion

I am ecstatic for the family reunion this year. We will be heading to the Uintas Mountains, Hoop Lake to be exact. Sadly, not all of my immediate family will be in attendance. Beth is working at Safeway as a cashier (and yes, she’s learning all of the produce codes), Caleb will be going to scout camp, Sam is still in Russia (which I’m very proud of him for. Он делит правду бога. Спасибо, Сам. The translation of Sam comes out with strange pronunciation, but so be it), Carol is still in Brazil (which I’m also proud of her for. Eu te amo, Carol. Agradecimentos para ser um missionário da irmã), and Dad will be holding down the fort at home. So, it will be just me and Sarah and Mom, but I love Hatch reunions. Therefore, I will have a wonderful time there. So many Hatch reunion memories. Wish I could say that about the Russell side.

Movie Review: Ratatouille

Today, Sarah, Caleb, Beth and I went and saw Ratatouille. WONDERFUL MOVIE! It’s even better if you understand French and can read the signs in the background that aren’t important and understand the unimportant background exclamations. The plot was great, had an unexpected twist, and the characters were engaging. Just so you know, I have had ratatouille, and it’s wonderful stuff. My mom and I were the only people in the family who liked it, however. Oh well. I would give the movie a big rating, if I were a movie critic, which I am not. However, Beth said that there were parts with scurrying colonies of rats that just made her shiver. Didn’t bother me, but I’m a rodent-loving person.

Driving Disasters

I just have a quick thing about this. GET OFF THE ROAD. I’m driving. Yesterday, I nearly dropped a transmission by going from 1st to neutral and nearly to reverse. I was trying to get to drive. And I slow down when I make lane changes. I’m trying to work on that.

Dancing These Days


I am still having a great time dancing. Yesterday, I started learning hornpipes. I have one thing to say: full batters and half batters are hard. You start looking like my little brother, Caleb pretending to Irish dance, getting your feet around fast enough to do the next part of the batter. However, after hours of practice, and a little bit of feet bleeding (tiny, tiny, tiny), I can now do a double-rally: a CLEAN double-rally.
However, I love the light weightless feeling of soft shoe dancing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Over-analyzing Disney Movies: The Little Mermaid--Why Eric is White.

Derevaun Seraun! Derevaun Seraun!

What does it mean to be a Russell?