As a Harry Potter Lover

As a Harry Potter lover, and retired Harry Potter maniac (I still like it, I just don't do the crazy things I used to), this is a happy day. Today, I saw the fifth Harry Potter movie, which was relatively good. Tomorrow, the final installment will happen. Good old seventh book. I AM EXCITED!



The movie was not as emotional as the book was. In proportion to how much I cry reading Order of the Phoenix, I didn't cry at all. I'm one of those people who think that everything in Order of the Phoenix was necessary for the series, and that Half-Blood Prince needed to be editted further. I was mostly only sad that Neville was down-played so much in the movie, and that my favorite part in all of the Harry Potter books was cut. My favorite moment in all of Potter-dom, when Ron is ishish, Ginny, Luna and Hermione are all unconscious, the Death Eaters are closing in, and when told that Harry has no one left, Neville pops out, "He's got me."

AND THEY CUT IT! I'm dealing without the St. Mungos, though I also loved that part, and there are some parts missed with the Fred and George rebellion that were fun ones, and a few other things that I agree, we can do without. But I was sad about the Neville thing. I'm not one that thinks he's the Chosen One, but I think that he's a lot more important than he's made out to be in the fifth movie.

All in all, I loved the political education thing, and I loved the movie. Great special effects, even if Caleb didn't like the thestral effects. This is easily the best one since #2. Good job David Yates, you have brought Harry Potter movies back to a level I think it acceptable to Harry Potter fans everywhere.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Over-analyzing Disney Movies: The Little Mermaid--Why Eric is White.

Derevaun Seraun! Derevaun Seraun!

What does it mean to be a Russell?