Greetings People of this Planet!

I have nothing in my mind today to actually blog about. But, I didn't want to go too long without touching base with my (very limited) public.  You might think I had died or something.

This past week, I went to the North American Camping Conference of Hemophilia Organizations (NACCHO--pronounced like the food) in Phoenix, AZ.  I, as last time, learned a lot and gained a lot of insight, ideas and planning tips for Camp Little Oak this year.  Did I mention that I'm now the director of said camp?  I love that camp to death, and also have a lot of vision for it.  I know that we have something special, and with a little TLC, that something special can be shared with every girl on earth who is touched by a bleeding disorder. First step: we have no website.  That's going to be fixed very shortly.  I also get a nice stack of DOH paperwork to fill out and such, but that goes with the territory. Did you know that there are very specific guidelines as to the size of the guardrails in summer camp cabins?  Well, there are.  In fact, to just avoid all the ridiculous bunk bed regulations, we don't let our campers sleep on the top bunks. 

At the conference, I obtained a lot of insight for my camp planning, but I also was sometimes sitting in a directors' roundtable, or in a workshop or teaching clinic and had a thought that I could take with me to Young Women's.  And the fact that the Upstate NYS Hemophilia Camping Contingent (Camp Little Oak, Camp High Hopes, and FamilyCamp NY) lives in a state of running inside jokes and practical jokes made it interesting.  But so did many of the other states'/countries' contingents by the look of it.

I finished a book last week, but it was part of a larger project.  So, I will not be reviewing it yet, but hopefully I'll get you some book reviews later this week.  I should also do my movie review on Saving Mr. Banks..."there're just so many options" (Deb from Napoleon Dynamite).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Over-analyzing Disney Movies: The Little Mermaid--Why Eric is White.

Derevaun Seraun! Derevaun Seraun!

What does it mean to be a Russell?