Two Types of Lawyers Who Should Have Never Been Born

Unlike some people, I can tolerate lawyers.  I really can.  But, I will say one thing.  Or rather, two things.  There are two types of lawyers who I firmly believe should have never actually been born. 

1) Personal Injury Lawyers

This one is fishy.  I do believe that if you've been hurt by someone, perhaps they should have to pay your medical bills and such.  But, are we really in such a revenge-filled society that we have to find some way to hurt anyone who hurts us?  Furthermore, whenever I see personal injury lawyers advertizing on the TV saying, "You have been hurt. You've been entitled to compensation.  Every minute you don't call us, you're being robbed!"  If you didn't feel like the victim already, are you really entitled to something?  And what's with convincing people that everything in their life should be warped and twisted until it benefits you, without thinking of what it might cause the other people involved?

2) Medical Litigation Lawyers

Again, fishy.  Because if a serious, avoidable medical error, arising from flat-out incompetence happens, there should be consequences.  But the minute that you can say you have never made an error at your job, then you can start blaming doctors.  Furthermore, I think that a medical suit should not be able to generate more than medical costs and, if appropriate, funeral costs and some living money if the person was the breadwinner.  Really?  Pain and suffering?  Not only can you not actually measure that, but it's almost insulting to suggest that if they give you five million dollars, your dead five-year-old is recouped.   There are exceptions, but I know I've made mistakes at my job.  Have you?


Basically, I don't know the point of this post other than the fact that I feel like both of these careers are based in making people believe that they are the victims and getting them to get revenge.

Comments

Evelyn said…
I heartily endorse this post!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Over-analyzing Disney Movies: The Little Mermaid--Why Eric is White.

Derevaun Seraun! Derevaun Seraun!

What does it mean to be a Russell?