One Habit Achieved

This summer, I had promised that I was going to get better at blogging.  I find that not only does blogging help me keep my thoughts in order, but it is a different part of my personal history.  I do keep a journal, but I think that I write differently for an audience.  And sometimes, the things that never occur to someone to write in their journal, they write for an audience.  As a family historian, I have found that sometimes letters are better sources than journals.  I am fairly certain that in the future, my children could learn a lot of things about me from my blog that they probably wouldn't have learned from my journals.  

I think that I have gotten better at blogging.  In fact, I would say that blogging has become a habit for me.  Sometimes I have more thoughts than other times, but I do remember to blog.  I am bad at making new habits.  Though they say it takes about three weeks to make a new habit, it takes much more than that for me.  But, I think this one has been achieved.  In fact, in 2012, I blogged my second biggest blogging year, the biggest one being way back in 2008. 

Since I have declared the habit achieved, I will probably break down very shortly into no blogging for a long time.  Now to achieve the million and one other habits that I want to establish.  But first, to check if the laundry room works yet.  The pipes froze in our subzero Provo weather, and so it doesn't work.   Management is supposed to be fixing it.  But seeing as I called them to say the pipes were frozen at 9am, and they didn't even get in there to fix it until about noon, you can see how our management works.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Over-analyzing Disney Movies: The Little Mermaid--Why Eric is White.

Derevaun Seraun! Derevaun Seraun!

What does it mean to be a Russell?