The Perils of Being a Medical Lab Science Major

The other day, I was just going about my business, and I reached up to scratch an itch on my neck.  But when I did, I felt a dry patch on my skin.  Only a medical lab science major (or something similar) would have the thought processes that I did.

"Oh, no, it's a patch of dermatitis!  What if I have an allergy to something?  Oh no, it's zinc toxicity!  What if I have niacin deficiency and this is pellagra?  Dermatitis is the first sign of pellagra, and it's only two more d's (diarrhea and depression), before we hit the fourth d, which is DEATH!  Maybe it's Norwegian scabies!  Maybe it's a Leydig cell tumor, and women don't even have Leydig cells!"

But then, the most likely explanation?  It's winter in Utah and even the ocean would dry up here.  And just a little bit of lotion, and it will go away, no sweat.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Over-analyzing Disney Movies: The Little Mermaid--Why Eric is White.

Derevaun Seraun! Derevaun Seraun!

What does it mean to be a Russell?