He really needs a hospital

There is a huge spike in the incidence of Superhero movies.  But, I haven't seen them.  Not because I don't want to.  I would be perfectly happy to watch any of them, but it just never has happened.  In fact, I've recently been told that I need to watch Superhero movies.  Because the only ones I have seen were the Supermans from the 70s.  Yeah, the ones with Christopher Reeve.  So, last night, I began to satiate this "need" that I have recently been told I have.  I watched "The Amazing Spiderman."  It was good.  I really did like it.  I just have one thing to say: Why doesn't Spiderman die without hospital care?

I actually have to give the movie credit.  After a fight, this Spiderman has cuts, bruises and other abrasions and he actually keeps them for a realistic amount of time, and their appearance follows healing patterns.  But, this adds to the suspension of disbelief for the serious injuries.  My roommate tried to convince me that his super powers have also accelerated his healing time, but if this is true, he should be able to heal the cuts and bruises overnight.  And yet, The Lizard can gouge huge cuts across his chest.  He is visibly hurt by this, and tarzans over to Gwen Stacy's house where she cleans the wounds.  However, about 20 minutes later, he's ready to go tarzanning with Gwen on his back for their romantic moment.  Then, Spiderman gets shot in the leg.  With a gun.  And he's hurt.  Knowing, however, that if he doesn't get to Oscorp Tower in time, NYC will all be turned into mutant lizards, he gets an adrenaline rush and, with the help of the people of New York, gets there.  True, he does cauterize the wound with some spiderwebs.  Apparently a lot of people didn't like that, because it wasn't "realistic"--funny thing is spiderwebs are actually VERY good at cauterizing wounds and have been used for that purpose for centuries.  The down-side being, they weren't generally super clean.  I'm willing to believe that Spiderman has sterile webs--so no qualms there.  But, he still has a gunshot wound.  Both of these injuries should require hospitalization.  Even if he cauterized it and isn't going to bleed to death, he would have already been in septic shock from the scratches across his chest.  If he managed to avoid septicemia in that wound, he will die from septic shock about a week after the movie ends from the gunshot wound.  Spiderman really needs a hospital.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Over-analyzing Disney Movies: The Little Mermaid--Why Eric is White.

Derevaun Seraun! Derevaun Seraun!

What does it mean to be a Russell?