Post-Nominal Letters

Recently, I've begun to consider what I've now learned are called "Post-nominal Letters." I called them the little things after your name before, which is essentially what "post-nominal letters" means. They are the credentials that come abbreviated after the name. For example, I work for Edward LaCava, MD. His wife, the office manager, is Linda LaCava, RN. My Irish dance teacher is Robert Haley, TCRG. They all have post-nominal letters.

I just think that they're interesting little dealios. And the thing is, is that unless we respect them they mean nothing. For example, you probably have no idea what TCRG means. In the Irish dance world, it does mean something. It means, " Teasgicoir Coimisiun Le Rinci Gaelacha," by the way. They're given out by "An Coimisiun Le Rinci Gaelacha" also known as "CLRG" or "The Commission of Unpronounceability."

Anyways, but basically, they don't mean anything until they've come to mean something. I mean, if I wanted to, I could write my name "Hannah, IHNC" (I Have No Credentials). Nobody would know what it means, but I could. So what is this post really about? I don't know. But basically, it started as being about something. Eventually, I'm going to have letters after my name, I decided so.

Basically, what made me think of this is that after working as a hospital information desk worker/concierge for awhile and then being a medical filer like I am now, I've decided that I needed to finally figure out what the FACC after the MD in a cardiologist's name means. I'd always wondered that. It means Fellow of the American College of Cardiology. It case you wondered.

--Hannah, IHNC, CCG, CPRC, OLIDR, daughter of Thomas, BSEE, MS and Amy, BS, MS, sister of Sam, BSEE and Carol, I don't remember if she's BS or BA.

Glossary of my letters:

IHNC- I have No Credentials
CCG- Certified Crossing Guard (I am one of those)
CPRC- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation Certified (I'm that too)
OLIDR- Other Letters I Don't Remember

Comments

I am George w. Hatch, PE,BESEE, MSC (Professional Engineer, Bachelor of Engineering Science-Electrical Engineer, Master of Science-Communications)

Popular posts from this blog

Over-analyzing Disney Movies: The Little Mermaid--Why Eric is White.

Derevaun Seraun! Derevaun Seraun!

What does it mean to be a Russell?