Falling With Style: Sight-read-o-rama!

It's a new school year, which means that my piano and violin students are getting back into caring.  So, today, I was sight-reading through a bunch of music to find things for my students.  While I was sight-reading around, I found this piece, which I think is so very beautiful that I decided to record it.  Keep in mind...sight-reading.  But, I think you'll get the gist.  It's called "A Little Flower" and was written by some dude named Cornelius Gurlitt.  I'm probably not very refined, because I have no clue who he is, but this was in a book of "classical pieces" that "every piano should have in their repertoire to be a literate pianist."  Apparently. 

I just looked him up and found that he was born in 1820. And that he is NOT the Nazi-Art dealer of the same name. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Over-analyzing Disney Movies: The Little Mermaid--Why Eric is White.

Derevaun Seraun! Derevaun Seraun!

What does it mean to be a Russell?