New Year's Resolution Update

Why do people never actually keep their New Year's Resolutions?  I think it's because a lot of people forget about them.  So, I have decided to not forget about them, by re-checking in on them.  It is the third month, so we're doing it today (to be done again in June, September and December).

Health Goals

Eat at least one meal every day: We're doing better on this one, but sometimes the meals are kind of lame excuses for meals.  I have done a generally good job.  I don't think I ate on Monday though.  And one day I had mashed potatoes. 

Carry around a water bottle: I go back and forth on this.  I need to be more consistent.

Writing Goals

Finish first draft of novel "War to End All Wars": I have made progress on this, but I am not done.  But it's March.  I don't have to be done.

Finish first draft of novel "Passing the Setting Sun": Completed!

Complete NaNoWriMo in November: it's not November yet.

Reading Goals

Read at least 80 books: I have read 19, which is ahead of schedule.

5% of total books read must be non-fiction: I haven't read any non-fiction yet.  But I plan to, okay?

7.5% of total books read must be "classic" or "great" books: 3 of the books could be considered "classic," I think.  That's 15%!

The Popsugar reading challenge: 16/50 so far.

Religious and Family History Goals

Read scriptures every day:  I am better, but not yet consistent

 Pray every day: Not consistent on this one.  Need to be better.

Index or arbitrate 300 records every quarter: I have done 189.  That means, I need 110 more before the end of March to make this quarter.  I can do that.

Find 16 names for the temple: I have found 8 more. 

Take at least one name through all temple ordinance, personally: Picked one out.

Go to the temple at least once per month: Went in February, didn't in January.  Haven't yet in March, but it's only the fourth.

Diligently look for an eternal companion: Does going on multiple dates with the same man count as looking? If so, then yes.

Professional and Career Goals
Note: Like many people, I have to make career goals at work.  These are not included here, mostly because they consist of medical-lab-ese jargon that wouldn't necessarily make sense, and I'm already accountable to my manager for them.

Take the GRE: I am studying

Complete Grad School Applications: Opened my first application. Can't do much more before GRE.

Finish 14 CE Credits for ASCP: I have done 4.  So, a little behind schedule, but not forgotten entirely.


Music and Dance Goals

Finish John Thompson Level 3: I could be better about consistently practicing, but I am making progress.

Learn all of Mozart Concerto in A major for violin: Finished the first movement (needs some polishing though), and I'm working on the second movement.  For non-musical people, there are three movements in a concerto. Though Mozart kind of cheated on this one, because the third movement has two completely separate sections with a double bar and tempo change and everything.  But it's still technically the third movement.

Achieve Prizewinner Level in all Irish Dance competition categories: I have been practicing, but I'm still Novice in everything. 

Renaissance Project Goals

Right after moving to Holladay, I realized that I missed learning.  I had been out of school for a little over a year, and I missed it.  Thus launching the "Renaissance Project."  I learn languages.  Study anatomy that I forgot.  Take online free courses and such. It is an in depth and complicated project, but here are my goals.

Finish my current Latin book: I am on lesson 8 of 20.

Finish my current Ancient Greek book: I am on lesson 2 of 20, but Greek has a different alphabet, so I had to do the "pre-lessons" too.  Off-topic, but I feel like I have better handwriting in Greek (and Hebrew for that matter) than I do in Latinate languages. My handwriting in Russian is still terrible, but hey, I can now say "Good morning" and "how are you" and stuff.  My pronunciation may be terrible.


Random Goals


Sew a dress: Haven't made progress on this one.  I  have spent my textile time working repeatedly on the same seven rows of crochet.

Do Four Things on my bucket list: This goal is failed so far.

Visit One New State: I may even do two!  I am going to California on Sunday night (to inspect a lab, but it's California).  Yes, I have never been to California before.  I'm pathetic.  And I might plan another one.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Over-analyzing Disney Movies: The Little Mermaid--Why Eric is White.

Derevaun Seraun! Derevaun Seraun!

What does it mean to be a Russell?