Falling With Style: The One My Old Violin Teachers Would Have Hysterics Over

This is the first one that I considered just letting be in the camera, and never letting it see the light of day.  But that would go against the project.  After seeing myself on tape, I realized how much I let my posture and technic go while I was in college.  I can hear my old violin teachers in  my head as I watch it (especially the Russian one):  "Straight bow!  Move down your hand.  Don't rest your scroll on your hand! Why are you using your bow so fast?  Conserve your bow space!  Why are playing this entire piece so fast?--" and my favorite--"that's not vibrato, that's shivering!"

Well, at least I now know what I need to restore. 

So, I present Meditation from Thais.  The most commonly played violin song in history, probably.


Comments

Amy R said…
I enjoyed it. However, I can hear your violin teachers in it as well. You did play it a little too fast. You are brave to do this series. I like seeing all your talents, even those that you have let get a little rusty. I also like your "music stand."

Popular posts from this blog

Over-analyzing Disney Movies: The Little Mermaid--Why Eric is White.

Derevaun Seraun! Derevaun Seraun!

What does it mean to be a Russell?