Christmas Time

I am a little bit of a Christmas fiend.  And I know that a lot of people believe that if you are a Christmas fiend, you must be a commercialized whack-job.  I even enjoy the parts of Christmas that people brand as not the true meaning of Christmas.  And I'm okay with that.  Because I think that there's nothing wrong with liking happy music and pretty lights and seeing people having a good time.  You just have to make sure that you don't let that be all that Christmas is.  And I enjoy the presents a lot.  Mostly because I love picking out presents for other people.

I've gotten to the place where I know that some people don't like Christmas.  I've also gotten to the place where I know that some people act holier-than-thou because they don't like the trappings and thus must have a better understanding of Christmas and it's "teleos" as the Greeks would say.  But, even if you're one of those people, I wish you a Merry Christmas and help yourself to a virtual, anti-teleological candy cane.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Over-analyzing Disney Movies: The Little Mermaid--Why Eric is White.

Derevaun Seraun! Derevaun Seraun!

What does it mean to be a Russell?