This is what it looks like to have chemistry...

Since I have been home, sometimes different computers have different logins on them.  I was using Sarah's computer, and youtube ended up logged in in my name.  So, then when I got back to my computer, youtube then was influenced by some of Sarah's viewing.  This is probably why a video compilation of Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson showed up.  I don't know why I watched it, but I did.  And while I watched it, I had a stunning realization:  Josh Huthcerson and Jennifer Lawrence, who are not a couple, have WAY more chemistry off screen than they do as Peeta and Katniss on screen (who are a couple). 

Exhibit A:



Notice how these characters have little-to-no chemistry with one another.  I think that part of this is because Suzanne Collins, like many female writers of the day, created the perfect male they would want to marry, and then a deeply flawed female who that male would never fall in love with.  All the same, this scene comes off as...well, at best, awkward.

Exhibit B:



They leap off the screen and I want to say, "Marry each other now!  You're adorable together!"

Let's see that on the screen.  Please?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Over-analyzing Disney Movies: The Little Mermaid--Why Eric is White.

Derevaun Seraun! Derevaun Seraun!

What does it mean to be a Russell?