Every Saturday is Activity Day!

I have learned that my mother has instituted Saturday Activity. Or something like that.  I don't actually know whether or not it has an official name.  I think a huge part of this is that my father works in Pennsylvania during the week.  So, Saturday becomes quite important for family-bonding.  We have visited The William Seward House, Sauder's Mennonite Market, The Glenn Curtiss Museum.  They are fun.  But one of the most fun parts of this for me is the car rides.  I know that I'm a strange child, but I have always looked fondly on family vacations, and I have always like the car rides the best.

Car rides are the time for everyone to bond over the most inane things.  Some of the most sibling-annoying experiences ever have happened in cars.  But I don't remember those things.  This is why I always thought it was funny when people talk about how road trips were nothing but fights.  Maybe it's just me, but I think we fought less on road trips than the rest of the time.  Maybe I'm wrong and it's just my memory.  But that's what I remember.

I don't know the point of this blog post.  I guess I'm just saying this:  never let planes replace cars on your family vacations.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Over-analyzing Disney Movies: The Little Mermaid--Why Eric is White.

Derevaun Seraun! Derevaun Seraun!

What does it mean to be a Russell?