It becomes funny when they consent...

So, there are a few shows that I watch every episode.  Not necessarily in a reasonable amount of time from when they come out, but I watch every episode.  Then there are shows that I would watch on TV in my apartment when they were on.  And then, there are the shows that I don't watch.  Ever.  On principle.

One of the shows of the first category is Wipeout.  It's really strange that I watch every episode, because it's not like it is developing any plot.  People run obstacle courses where you are supposed to get knocked over.  Whoever wins, gets $50,000.  This kind of slapstick humor is such that people sometimes would call it barbaric.  But it's funny. Because they consent.  If they weren't consenting to this kind of thing, and if they were actually getting hurt, it would cease to be funny.  Someone even told me that it's as twisted as The Hunger Games.  Disagree.  It's funny when they consent and don't die.

MONTAGE!!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Over-analyzing Disney Movies: The Little Mermaid--Why Eric is White.

Derevaun Seraun! Derevaun Seraun!

What does it mean to be a Russell?