The Second Tri-Monthly New Year's Resolution Check-in

I told you that I'd be back in June, everyone!  So, a major reason people don't keep their New Year's Resolutions is that they don't remember them.  Thus, every three months, I shall recommit myself to my New Year's Resolutions.  How are we doing?

Health Goals

Eat at least one meal every day: We are hit or miss, but I am to recommit myself to this one.  I did pretty well this week, but I also was traveling, which makes me remember.

Carry around a water bottle: I was doing really well, and then I stopped doing really well.  Recommit.

Writing Goals

Finish first draft of novel "War to End All Wars": I have worked on it, but I need to do more.

Finish first draft of novel "Passing the Setting Sun": COMPLETE!

Complete NaNoWriMo in November: Not yet November.

Reading Goals

Read at least 80 books: I have read 73...we're going to surpass this one. 

5% of total books read must be non-fiction: Currently at 5.4%

7.5% of total books read must be "classic" or "great" books: 6.8%...so we need a few more, but working on it.

The Popsugar reading challenge: 26/50  We're on track.

Religious and Family History Goals

Read scriptures every day: I have spurts of compliance.  Recommit.

 Pray every day: Once again, spurts of compliance.  Recommit.

Index or arbitrate 300 records every quarter: Done 108.  Need 192 by the end of the month.  Recommit.

Find 16 names for the temple: I have 8 still.  Recommit.

Take at least one name through all temple ordinance, personally: Everything but sealing is done!

Go to the temple at least once per month: Only missed one month and it's the same month that I missed last quarter.

Diligently look for an eternal companion: I am no longer dating someone, but I have worked on it.

Professional and Career Goals

Take the GRE: COMPLETE!

Complete Grad School Applications: I have had phone interviews!

Finish 14 CE Credits for ASCP: COMPLETE!

Music and Dance Goals

Finish John Thompson Level 3: Level 2 is complete, onto Level 3.

Learn all of Mozart Concerto in A major for violin: First movement done.  Second movement in progress.

Achieve Prizewinner Level in all Irish Dance competition categories: Haven't moved a level yet, but I did get a fourth this weekend in slip jig. Not enough to advance, but it's evidence that I am making some progress.  And I looked at my full scores, and I was just shy of placing on some others.  The judges comments helped me know what my down-fall is (pointed toes) so I can work on that, and I have another competition this weekend.  Hopefully I can come out with some advancements this weekend.

Renaissance Project Goals


Finish my current Latin book: On Lesson 10 of 20.

Finish my current Ancient Greek book: Working on it.  Recommit.


Random Goals



Sew a dress: Need to do this. Recommit.
Do Four Things on my bucket list: Need to do this. Recommit.

Visit One New State: COMPLETE!

Comments

Amy R said…
I would say you are doing "perty darn good" at your goals. I admire that you are evaluating, most people just forget. Keep up the good work.

Popular posts from this blog

Over-analyzing Disney Movies: The Little Mermaid--Why Eric is White.

Derevaun Seraun! Derevaun Seraun!

What does it mean to be a Russell?