Falling With Style: Father's Day Edition

It seems that with my blogging ideas, it is very much so a feast or famine situation.  That seems to be the way it is with my fiction writing as well.  Maybe it's because doing it creates more ideas.  There are probably some gospel allegories you could put in there.  But we won't go there today.  Today, we're honoring daddies.  Specifically, my daddy.  Today, I have two songs that remind me of my daddy.  The first is called Thaxted.  It is the tune to an old hymn called "Anthem to my King," which Holst then used in Jupiter from The Planets.  Anyways, it's one of my dad's favorite songs.  So, I have a piano rendition of that.

The second is You Are My Sunshine.  My father is not a warm person.  I don't say that critically, just stating fact.  The only time you can see his love for his children (or now grandchildren)  is the way that he rocks them to sleep.  And I have many rocking to sleep memories of You Are My Sunshine.  I'm not actually sure that he really knows any other lullabies.  It's not a very happy lullaby, but then, the lullabies I associate with my mother (Babes in the Woods and Redwing) aren't either.

Happy Father's Day!



Comments

Amy R said…
I really enjoy your "falling with style" segments. They are always fun and I like to watch you develop your talents and stretch yourself.

Popular posts from this blog

Over-analyzing Disney Movies: The Little Mermaid--Why Eric is White.

Derevaun Seraun! Derevaun Seraun!

What does it mean to be a Russell?