Tested when you don't know it

Since it's Sunday, I thought I would include a religious thought for you all.  As you know, I like the Old Testament.  As you may not know, I also really like the story of Gideon.  I think that there are so many lessons that we can learn from the story of Gideon.  One part of the story of Gideon is where he chooses his army.

He chooses his army by taking them to a body of water.  Those that go and put their faces in and drink are not part of his army.  Those who approach slowly, and cautiously, and use their hands to drink, but still look around become his army.

One thing that I think is important from this story is as a metaphor for our lives.  I've often looked around at my classmates, and they only know the material for the test.  After the test, it's gone, and ask them a day before the test, and they have no clue.  I wish I could do that, so maybe I'm just bitter and trying to justify my inability to do multiple-choice tests, and my inability to cram.  However, Gideon didn't tell them that they were being tested.  And neither does the Lord.  He tests us in our everyday actions when we think it doesn't matter and no one is paying attention.  It always matters.  There is no sit-down test.  It's just what you do when you think the test is off. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Over-analyzing Disney Movies: The Little Mermaid--Why Eric is White.

Derevaun Seraun! Derevaun Seraun!

What does it mean to be a Russell?