Homecoming, and the Job-Search Ensues!

So, a little over a week ago, I returned home from college. I would here post all the pictures I've taken of New York State since getting here, but I'm not quite sure what I did with the adapter that gets pictures off of my camera and onto my computer. I think I might have put it in a box that didn't come to New York. At least I remembered the one that recharges my camera, and I have approximately 145 picture-taking-spots available on my camera. So, we'll just have to get them off the camera later.

All the same, it is wonderful. I know that a lot of people find Seattle to be a beautiful place. I do beg to differ. I find it a dreary, ugly, terrible place to live. And you may quote me, as someone who spent 8-9 dreary years living there. But back to business. I have decided to add Upstate NY, particularly Canandaigua Lake Resort Area (where my family now lives...not because it's a resort, just because it's where they live, but it happens also to be a resort) to my list of the most beautiful places on earth. When I can upload pictures, you'll see why, or if you come and visit you'll see why.

So, since coming home, rebonding with the family and the like, I have plunged into the wondrous world of job searching! So, the prospects as they stand:

1) Rochester General Health System, Newark-Wayne Community Hospital: So, I talked to their recruiter before returning home and she says they want me as a patient care tech, but they still haven't decided exactly what they want to do with me, so I don't know what to do about that. They're still decided exactly what unit gets me, what exactly I'll be doing and whatnaught.

2) Thompson Health Care System, Canandaigua Thompson Health Hospital: So, this is about 5 minutes from our house, and I applied for an Acute Care Nurse Aid position, but we'll see what happens.

3) MedScribe Victor, NY: They're looking for people to process denied Medicare claims. I'm sure it would be wonderful and all, and I have the experience. The distance is fine and the pay is good. They're looking specifically for indefinite temps, so that's good. I wouldn't mind doing this, but if I could get a patient care job, I'd enjoy it more. But hey, we do what we can.

4) Nannying: There's a family in Marion that is considering me for a nanny. They're wonderful kids and very obedient kids. However, it's about 40 minutes away, and if I can get something in the field I actually want to work in, that'd be great.

5) I found a posting for an EKG tech. I have all the experience and licensing they want, so it would be possible, but it's all the way in Geneva (New York...not Switzerland). So, I'd rather not.


So, that's how the tale goes. We'll see what happens.

Comments

Evelyn said…
May the best job for you win!

Popular posts from this blog

Over-analyzing Disney Movies: The Little Mermaid--Why Eric is White.

Derevaun Seraun! Derevaun Seraun!

What does it mean to be a Russell?