5 Month Long Writer's Block

I have writer's block. In general. My novels have gone no where since March and even my editing abilities that were tiding me over shut down in April. My blog looks like I've died, and even my journal entries are pitiful. Unfortunately, IB testing fell inside this writer's block. For those who aren't familiar with IB testing, it's pretty darn essay-based. I still managed to pass everything, though not with the scores I would have liked, nor would have expected to tell you the truth. In some subjects, I was expecting better to tell you the truth (English Literature, French, MAYBE Biology), and some I'm thanking my lucky stars (Calculus, Chemistry).

Think not that my writer's block has left. It has not. I spent 1 1/2 hours in front of my computer screen this morning as I do every Sunday, trying to force some fiction into ANY of my novels. It didn't work.

So, I guess the best thing to do would be saying what I've done this week.

I worked! And I'm still recovering from one beligerent person's insults. I shouldn't take them personally, and I usually don't, but for some reason this man just hurt me. I feel that I should be getting over it shortly, but I promise nothing.

Last week, my family left me for a family reunion that I couldn't attend because I was working. Each night, I felt like Scrooge with my little bowl of canned soup for dinner alone in my house. On the Saturday night, I went to a friend's wedding reception before heading to the Kirkland Performing Arts Center to see some other friends in Sweeney Todd. It's a strange play and I don't know if I'd have gone if I weren't good friends with the actors playing Mrs. Lovett, Tobias and friendly acquaintances with the actor playing Sweeney.

I've been getting my fill of teen theatre as last night I attended Godspell, which had some other friends in it.

Letting you know that I'm not quite dead. I promise I'll try to make posts less like travel-logs in the future.

Comments

Evelyn said…
Sweeney Todd is depressingly dark play!
Evelyn said…
Sorry, I should proofread before I publish; I forgot the "a" before "depressingly."
Hannah said…
I know. It definitely is, but I thought I'd support them in their endeavors and it'd be one of the last times I'd see some of them.

Popular posts from this blog

Over-analyzing Disney Movies: The Little Mermaid--Why Eric is White.

Derevaun Seraun! Derevaun Seraun!

What does it mean to be a Russell?