The Three/Four Things That All Writing Will Eventually Come Down To

All right guys. I'm having some trouble writing anymore today, which is what I LOVE to do on Sundays. Why am I having trouble continuing? Today it is not writer's block as it usually is. I know what I want to write. It's writing it that's the problem today.

You see, there are three/four subjects (one is kind of a subset of the another), which all writer's will eventually need to face at least one of in every novel. What are they?

1) Law
2) Military protocol, organization, strategy, etc.
3) Medicine
Subset 4) Mental Health

I pride myself on being able to do the medicine thing. I usually know enough that I can navigate my way around the internet to find exactly what I'm looking for. Sometimes, I can do the mental health thing, though some subjects are harder (such as PTSD, which is what I'm facing in my writing right now). However, Military, I always have to revert to one of my three trusty sources. Their names are Sam, Caleb and Dad. Amongst the three of them, they've never failed to yield an answer, that I can remember. Yes, I can usually call out, "Hey, could a lieutenant call a captain by his first name if they were friends?" and out pops the answer from one of the three.

However, that was earlier today, when I was facing the military. Now that novel is stuck on the PTSD thing. How does one help someone with PTSD, prior to the naming thereof (except for the all-known "shell shock") and when psychology either consisted of Freudian analysis or...well Pavlovian dogs?

I thought, hmm, let's go to my other novels. No, they're all stuck on law. WHO STINKING CAME UP WITH CHILD CUSTODY LAWS? Good heavens. Those are probably the most confusing things ever written. And I've even read Kafka and some Finnegan's Wake.

So there it is folks. If anyone understands child custody or PTSD treatment without "get professional help," I'm very open to that.

A FUN JOKE:

You'll probably like this best if you like language and its peculiarities.

What was GHOUGHPHTHEIGHTTEEAU spell?






ANSWER: Potato

EXPLANATION:

GH makes P as in "hiccough"
OUGH makes O as in "dough"
PHTH makes T as in "phthisis"
EIGH makes A as in "neighbor"
TTE makes T as in "gazette"
EAU makes O as in "plateau"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Over-analyzing Disney Movies: The Little Mermaid--Why Eric is White.

Derevaun Seraun! Derevaun Seraun!

What does it mean to be a Russell?