My blogging change

I know that I haven't written anything for some time.  I've been busy.  That might be an understatement.  I am currently getting ready to have my oral qualifier in a little more than a week.  And as I've been transitioning into my new life as a PhD student, the way that I blog has been changing.  I still like the idea of blogging, but I've also been finding that online presence is not as important as I have made it in my life.  Being tied to the internet has not ever made me happy.  So, even though I don't intend to stop blogging, I will probably only do so when I have thought out a topic that I have something to say about.  Those have traditionally been the blog posts that I have felt the most fulfilled in writing, and the ones where I feel like I am contributing to the greater human experience. 

I know that there are those who have been missing my book reviews.  And I am still writing book reviews.  Don't you worry!  If you want to learn my thoughts on the books that I'm reading, please see my profile over on Goodreads.  I feel like Goodreads is one of the best social media platforms out there (for real), and I put my reviews there.  https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/3666825-hannah-russell

But, on this blog, I will be approaching topics to which I have something to contribute.  A lot of these will be because of experiences that have that change the way I look at the world, or reaffirm strongly the way I look at the world.  Some of them will be my input into current events that I am uniquely positioned to give.  These might be issues in the medical laboratory sciences world (such as Theranos), topics of health sciences (new treatments, new discoveries), Mormon issues, women's issues, Irish dancing topics, music issues...things on which I have a valuable perspective.

I am excited to hear all your thoughts on these issues as well, and would love to have your input, as well as if there's anything you want me to approach, I would be happy to do so.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Over-analyzing Disney Movies: The Little Mermaid--Why Eric is White.

Derevaun Seraun! Derevaun Seraun!

What does it mean to be a Russell?