New Year's Resolution 1st Quarter update and recommit

As per tradition, it's time to check in and update on all of the New Year's Resolutions! How are we doing.  What resolutions do I need to remember and do better on.  What is going well?

Health
Eat a meal a day AND have a 100-200 calorie snack once between each meal: I am doing better at the meal thing, but the snacks are failing. I'm getting better at having snacks with me though, so when I get super hungry because I forgot about food for awhile, I have something to solve that problem.

Carry around a water bottle: When I'm on campus, this goes well. When I'm not...I could be better. A big problem I have with it is that I empty it and then don't refill it, so it still isn't enough water.

 Writing
Finish first edit of War To End All Wars: I am making progress on this.  I think it needs to speed up just a little bit, but at least I'm fairly consistently doing it.

Finish first draft of Legend of Jael: For after the first is done.

Do NaNoWriMo 2017: Not November yet.

 Reading
Read 75 books: I have read 21/75.  Which is 28% of the way there, and we are 25% of the way through the year.  So...we're ahead of schedule!
5% of all books read should be non-fiction.  Umm...I'll fix this.
7.5% of all books read should be classic or "great". Ummm...I'll fix this too.

Family History
Arbitrate or index 600 names: I need to set aside a time each week to do this.  It will be Sunday afternoons.  50 names per week.
Find 12 names and prepare them for them temple: Okay, 1 hr each Sunday for this.

Academic
3.85 GPA this semester (my last semester of full classes ever...) Still within reach

Professional 
Renew ASCP license (it expires this year) Done...once the people in the ASCP office get their stuff together.
 
Music 
Finish John Thompson Level 4 I'm working on this, but I need to more consistently do my practice time.  No forgetting!

Mozart Concerto A major Same as above.

Irish Dance 
One more dance to Prizewinner Level Competition in May.  Let's see what happens.

Financial
 Pay off car (almost there!) So close!

Camp
 Rewrite Camp Manual Done.
Write Staff Manual In progress
Camp website In progress?

Languages
 Finish my current Latin-learning bookUmm...let's try to find a solution to this, yeah?

So, there you have it.  By the way, I forgot to list my goal to read the scriptures each day, and I'm doing fabulously at that!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Over-analyzing Disney Movies: The Little Mermaid--Why Eric is White.

Derevaun Seraun! Derevaun Seraun!

What does it mean to be a Russell?