New-Years Resolution Check-in

It has come to my attention that I have not done my July New Year's Resolution Check in.  Well, today, I will rectify that.

I must let everyone in on some perspective, though.  In January, I got a concussion.  It took me MUCH longer than I would have ever anticipated to recover from that.  As such, a lot of these past two months has been me recovering from that fact.  So, I'm failing on a lot of my New Years Resolutions.  But there is time to recover from that, as well. 

Health Goals:

Eat at least one meal every day:  Umm...about that.  I have spurts.  But right now isn't one of those spurts

Carry around a water bottle: Yeah, I'm absolutely failing at that.

Remain at a weight I'm happy with (because you have to have a weight-based New Year's Resolution, it's tradition): Yep.

Writing Goals

First edit of novel "War to End All Wars:" I need to do this.

Finish first edit of novel "Passing the Setting Sun:"  I haven't even started this.

Finish first draft of "The Secrets (and Amazing Adventures) of Timothy Pavlock":  Done!

Finish first draft of "The Legend of Jael":  I haven't even picked it up

Complete NaNoWriMo:  Not yet November.

Reading Goals

Reading at least 100 books:  48 done.  Need to get back on track with this.

5% of them non-fiction:  We're at 4.16%, so a little work needed, but not bad

7.5% of them classic or "great" books: We're at 6.25%, so a little work needed, but not bad

Religious and Family History Goals

Read scriptures: I'm not doing well.

Pray every day:  I'm not doing that great.

Index or arbitrate 300 records every quarter:  I failed.

Find 14 names for the temple:  I'm failing.

Go to the temple at least twice per month:  I'm failing at that.

Diligently look for an eternal companion:  At the moment, I'm not, but I'm moving, so I'm not dedicated to that right now.

Professional or Career Goals

Get into a PhD program: I'm leaving for it this month!

Finish 14 ASCP credits:  I think I have five right now.  But I get ASCP credits for college courses, so I should be good.

Music and Dance Goals: 

Finish John Thompson Level 4:  Level 3 done.  Just getting this one done.

Learn all of Mozart Concerto in A major for violin:  I need to work on it.

Achieve Prizewinner Level in all Irish Dance competition categories: I have one of them.

Practice Irish Dance consistently:  I was until I started focusing on the move, but then I will again.

Renaissance Project Goals

Finish my current Latin book:  need to work on this some more.

Finish my current Ancient Greek book:  See above.

Finish my current Hebrew Book:  See above.

CAmp Little Oak Goals:

Get a functional website up and running:  Yeah...I need to work on this.

Revamp the Staff Manual:  I'm working on it, and I've actually made a lot of progress

Financial Goals:

Keep an up-to-date budget:  I am still not good at this.

Random Goals

Sew a dress:  Need to do that.

Crochet a scarf:  I keep needing to start over. It's not working!

Visit One New State: I guess, I technically went to Kentucky for the first time this year.

Bake Once a week:  I am on-and-off on this one.

As you can see, I am royally failing at my New Year's Resolutions. But there's a lesson to be learned here.  Don't get a concussion? Well, that too.  But there's never a point of no return--until the end of the year.  I am determined to clean up my act.  I know that my life has been a complete mess since my concussion, but I'm slowly regaining control.  And that's all that matters.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Over-analyzing Disney Movies: The Little Mermaid--Why Eric is White.

Derevaun Seraun! Derevaun Seraun!

What does it mean to be a Russell?