2016 New Year's Resolutions

We talked about how I did on my 2015 New Year's Resolutions.  Now, is the time to to make the new New Year's Resolutions.  Some of them will be exactly the same as last year's because they weren't achieved.  Some of them will be expansions upon achieved resolutions.  Some of them will be entirely different resolutions.  But, here we are.

Health Goals

Eat at least one meal every day: Because I failed.

Carry around a water bottle: Because I failed.
Remain at a weight that I am happy with:  I shocked some people recently by telling them that I am not trying to lose weight.  I'm perfectly happy with what I weigh right now (and BMI agrees that I can be).  I'm not saying that I will be disappointed if I get a little thinner, or a little curvier.  But it seems like everyone expects me to have a New Year's Resolution about body weight.  So I want to stay happy with my weight.  I don't want to become 150 pounds or anything--remember I'm only 5'1''--but I'm happy where I'm at, and want to stay where I am happy with it.

Writing Goals 

Finish first edit of novel "War to End All Wars": Finishing the first draft with a resolution last year, it is now time for editing.  FYI, that had been a New Year's Resolution since I was about 16... so it wasn't easy or anything

Finish first edit of novel "Passing the Setting Sun": Also finished this as a Resolution last year.  Now it's time for editing of this one too.  It is shorter than War to End All Wars by about 35,000 words, so it could take less time...maybe.

Finish first draft of "The Secrets (and Amazing Adventures) of Timothy Pavlock": This year's Nanowrimo, we need to finish it.  It's ALMOST there...just a bit more denouement. 

Finish first draft of "The Legend of Jael.": This was Nanowrimo 2005...and I never finished it after getting to 50,000.  Let's fix that.

Complete NaNoWriMo in November: Self-explanatory.

Reading Goals

Read at least 100 books: Because apparently 80 was WAY too low.

5% of total books read must be non-fiction: Because I failed.  That is 5 of the 100.

7.5% of total books read must be "classic" or "great" books: Because I failed.  That is 8 of the 100 (rounding up).

Religious and Family History Goals

Read scriptures every day: Because I'm not perfect.

 Pray every day:  Because I failed.

Index or arbitrate 300 records every quarter: Because I failed.

Find 14 names for the temple: Because I didn't get to the 16. 

Go to the temple at least twice per month: Expanding on last year's once a month, we're going to up it to twice a month, because we achieved it.

Diligently look for an eternal companion: Because if I don't make it a resolution again, I'll stop doing it.

Professional and Career Goals

Get into a PhD program:  So, this one is weird because, at this point, I have very little control over it. The applications are in...yikes.  But, this is a serious goal for me this year.

Finish 14 CE Credits for ASCP: I have decided that no matter what happens with  my life, or where my life goes, I'm going to keep my MLS registration.  So, this is just a step on that road.

Music and Dance Goals

Finish John Thompson Level 4:  A bit of a remediation for last year's failure, but also an expansion, because I am ALMOST done with Level 3. 

Learn all of Mozart Concerto in A major for violin: Okay...we will do it.

Achieve Prizewinner Level in all Irish Dance competition categories: Because I failed.
Practice Irish Dance consistently:  I have a practice plan that my Irish dance teacher wrote for all of her students that I intend to follow.  It's pretty intense, but I plan to follow it.  That's how we will measure this goal.

Renaissance Project Goals


Finish my current Latin book: Because I failed.

Finish my current Ancient Greek book:  See above.

Finish my current Hebrew book:  This is a new one.  But I pulled out my Hebrew Bible the other day and realized that my Hebrew has gone to the dogs.  So, we are going to relearn it...yep.

Camp Little Oak Goals
These are goals for Camp Little Oak...the camp that I run.
Get a functional website up and running: I have been planning for about a year now to get a website running.  We now have a website, but it is barebones and not very pretty.  I want to get the thing running.
Revamp the Staff Manual: Every year I read the manual again and make little changes and think, "I hate this thing.  I hate its layout.  I hate everything about this manual. I should re-write it."  But I never do.  This year, I will. 
Financial Goals

Keep an Up-to-date budget: I am so bad at recording my transactions.  I don't spend all of my income, so I just don't keep track of my spending.  This is a very BAD habit.  Especially because if I get married and have kids, I will not always live in a world where I don't have to be aware of how much money is in each bank account.  I'm not trying to brag...the fact of the matter is that I am a single woman who works a career that people support families off of, and I am not.  But I need to have good financial habits all the same.  And I currently don't.  So I want to fix that by keeping track of where my money goes.
  Random Goals

Sew a dress: Because I failed. 

Do Four Things on my bucket list: Because I failed.

Visit One New State: I achieved this last year, but I am going to, hopefully, get another one off the list this year.
Crochet a scarf: I have been trying to learn to crochet for some time now, and keep on getting the tension all wrong.  So, this will be a serious effort for this year.
Bake Once a Week: Because it makes me happy.



All right everyone...keep me accountable.  You know that that is the best way to achieve your goals is to have some semblance of accountability.

Comments

Amanda said…
I'm right there with you on the Hebrew thing. I have to hit the books hard this month and next!

Popular posts from this blog

Over-analyzing Disney Movies: The Little Mermaid--Why Eric is White.

Derevaun Seraun! Derevaun Seraun!

What does it mean to be a Russell?