Book Review: The Silver Bowl Series

Another book review!  I know that I read too much.  Get over it.  It relaxes me. 






Molly, a scullery maid, has a tendency to see things.  So did her mother.  But they usually turn out true.  When she realizes that this is a gift, not a curse, she must set out to save the Prince, the sole survivor of a family curse meant to destroy his dynasty. 

These books were purely meh.  That's all I can say about them.  Meh plots.  Meh characters.  Meh writing.  I did get frustrated when the love triangle--ridiculous to start with--morphed directly into a love square, all the while, the female wasn't even likable.  Then, we needed to resolve said square (which eventually kind of turned into a pentagon with another girl involved--then a hexagon when another character got introduced into the mix to get the other girl out of the love polygon), so we just kind of dissolved it.  And why can Molly save it? Because she's special--no one really knows why. 

Basically, it's just your average, run-of-the-mill fantasy series.  Nothing to speak of.  Enjoyable enough, but not something I would say anyone HAS to read.  Not traditional-feeling enough for a fairy-tale, but not fresh-enough to not be a fairy-tale.

Perhaps if I were younger I would enjoy this series more; it is marketed for children.  But I have enjoyed children's books in the past.  I often enjoy children's books.  This series just didn't really do it for me.  Not terrible, but not great.  The best I can say for it is that the world-building is pretty good.

3 stars for the whole series. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Over-analyzing Disney Movies: The Little Mermaid--Why Eric is White.

Derevaun Seraun! Derevaun Seraun!

What does it mean to be a Russell?