Book Review: Heist Society

Back to book reviews, right?



So, remember when I told you about the Gallagher Girls series?  That series that I was ashamed to like, but then it grew on me.  Well, I didn't want to read it for a long while, because it looked like smutty chick-lit for thirteen-year-olds.  But after a recommendation from a friend whose book-tastes I trust very much, I read them.  And I loved them.  So, we went onto the other series written by Ally Carter, Heist Society. 

Katarina Bishop (Kat) comes from a family business.  Not just any family business.  They are thieves.  And not just any thieves.  They are legendary thieves--the best of the best.  Not common criminals.  But, fifteen-year-old Kat feels that she is done with the thief life.  Just when she can't be, because a mafioso is missing his art, and he is sure that her family did it.  And he wants it back.  When he doesn't believe that they didn't, he tells Kat that he wants it back, or the consequences will be dire.  She only has one choice.  Find out who did, and resteal the stolen.  Along with her crew: her drop-dead gorgeous cousin, Gabrielle; the millionaire heir W.W. Hale (and he won't tell you what the W.W. stands for, so may as well just not ask); the Bagshaw brothers who need to get back their thief cred because stealing from a nun is just wrong, and it will get you blacklisted; and Nick, the British-accented new-comer with a mother who would probably not approve of his involvement.  With her crew that resembles a Teenie-bopper Ocean's Eleven, and schemes just as suave, Heist Society, as a series, is a lot of fun.  It even has its own theme music in my mind. 

I loved this series.  It is fast-paced, clever and emotionally stirring.  It kept me guessing the entire time (which I really like), and made me feel deeply about the characters. 

I think Ally Carter did it again with her five-star series, The Heist Society. 

Comments

Amanda said…
I LOVE ALLY CARTER SOOOOOO MUCH! I'm currently half way through her newest book, though it's a little angsty for my taste.

Popular posts from this blog

Over-analyzing Disney Movies: The Little Mermaid--Why Eric is White.

Derevaun Seraun! Derevaun Seraun!

What does it mean to be a Russell?