Falling With Style: An Experiment in Lack of Practice and Frigid Fingers

Did you know that playing the piano with cold fingers is a lot harder than it looks?  I love this song.  It's a relatively unknown Chopin piece that was published posthumously.  However, when I first played it, I was entranced by it.  It is fun to play and absolutely hauntingly gorgeous.  I don't play it that.  I haven't really played this song since my initial "mastery" this past summer, and it shows.  But that's the point, everyone!  Falling with style.  Chopin's Waltz in A minor, with all of its mistakes intact.


Comments

Amy R said…
I like the song, too. I also like the way the piano echoes in Grandpa's basement. It is always sort of fun to play it down there.

Popular posts from this blog

Over-analyzing Disney Movies: The Little Mermaid--Why Eric is White.

Derevaun Seraun! Derevaun Seraun!

What does it mean to be a Russell?