A Bizarre Connection To Music

Ever since my engagement was called off, I have had a very roller-coaster-like life.  Some days, I sit there and think, "I'm better off without him!"  and then other days I want to climb into my emotional cave.  However, what I've found odd is my connection to two songs in regards to this:

1) You've Got a Friend In Me

I cannot listen to this song at the moment.  I associate it with my ex-fiance.  For a few reasons, but mostly because he loved Woody as a child.  I hope that this eventually wears off, because it's a fantastic song.  In fact, I have some CDs that I burned from my iTunes to listen to in my car, and my Disney sing-a-long CDs feature this song, and I just have to skip it.

2) A Thousand Years (by Christina Perri)

The only bad part of this song is that it was written for a Twilight film.  Other than that, it is a wonderful song.  And in fact, it was the song Brian and I danced to the night we got engaged.  And it was the song that we had planned to dance to at our wedding.  So, you would think that I would now hate this song.  But I actually don't.  In fact, I like it even more now.  Because when it comes on the radio, I smile in a "don't-cry-because-it's-over-smile-because-it-happened" way, and just think, "I have loved someone for 1000 years, and I will love them for 1000 more.  It just isn't going to be Brian.  But whoever that man is, he's out there somewhere."

And then when 97.9 does a twin-spin at two of Christina Perri where the other song is "Jar of Hearts," I think, "Yeah!  Don't come back for me, don't come back at all!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Over-analyzing Disney Movies: The Little Mermaid--Why Eric is White.

Derevaun Seraun! Derevaun Seraun!

What does it mean to be a Russell?