My nephews' songs

I have a funny thing where each of my nephews has a song. Two of them are name-based.  One isn't.

This mostly started with Henry.




 I have a song for him.  Henry VIII by Herman's Hermits.  It's obvious why I chose this song.  But this is Henry's song.


Also, Henry knows what he wants, and so did Henry VIII.

Then, I felt that David needed a song, too.  So, here we have:



I know that it isn't the right last name, but I still think it's a great song for him.  He is an adventurous little fellow, and he doesn't know when to stop exploring.



Then, the last song, Adam's song, has nothing to do with his name.  But it is still perfect for him.  You probably don't know this song, but it's the song in the credits of The Russians are Coming.  I think it's a music-genius song, where they blended Yankee Doodle and Meadowlands into one song.  And Adam is a little Russian-American blend, so this is the perfect song for him. 





And those are the songs for my nephews.


Comments

Amy R said…
This is a fun post. You need to add a picture of Henry, though.
Hannah said…
I know. I didn't have a picture of Henry that really showed his face.
Beth said…
I like it. I sing that song to David all the time, but I alter the lyrics just for him.
Beth said…
Also, the singer in Herman's Hermits reminds me of one of those boys in that x-factor UK band. I couldn't tell you which one, but I think he looks like one from the posters in the girls' dorms.

Popular posts from this blog

Over-analyzing Disney Movies: The Little Mermaid--Why Eric is White.

Derevaun Seraun! Derevaun Seraun!

What does it mean to be a Russell?