My confession

I have a confession to make.  More to my fiance than anyone else.  I have recently come to the conclusion that I am not cut-out to be a Mormon-mommy-homemaker.  I particularly came to this conclusion while reading my sister, Beth's, blog.  She builds and sews and makes all kinds of things.  I make...bacteria food.  And I can make...novels.  And I am quite good at making electrophoresis gels.  I can look at a blood smear and tell you if you're healthy or not.  But, I could never look at two colors and tell you if they even remotely matched.   

I am told a lot that I'm good with kids.  And I do want to be a mother.  But, my daughters will probably have to go to school most days with ponytails in their hair, or simple braids.  When my girls go to prom, they will probably need to call their aunts to do their hair and makeup. My house will look clean, but never "cute."  If my children want to do a craft, they will probably have to color, because I can't think of anything else to do. 

There will be lots of canned food and lots of home-made bread, but there will be no cute cupcakes.  I can keep all their projects and keepsakes in boxes, but I don't think they will have them in any kind of an adorable scrapbook.  Basically, if you see it on pinterest, it will never be in my home, because I do not have those abilities.

My children will get a lot of love, and we will do a lot of science experiment.  They will get read the best books and listen to the most beautiful music.  We will go to the nerdiest outings and will go to the pond to catch frogs.  Gardening will probably be a staple.  And we will plant new seeds a lot, because a lot of the plants will die when I take care of them. 

Don't get me wrong.  I intend to raise my own children, not have them raised by someone else.  But, I'm afraid that Brian didn't get a Mormon-mommy-homemaker. He just got a girl willing to be a Mormon mother.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Over-analyzing Disney Movies: The Little Mermaid--Why Eric is White.

Derevaun Seraun! Derevaun Seraun!

What does it mean to be a Russell?