I'm Your Fire

In the world of feminine consumable items, I do not use things very quickly.  I have had the same brush since I was eleven-years-old.  It is my firm belief that if they really intended for you to get new mascara every six months (or year--whatever the current thinking is), they wouldn't put so much goop in one tube.  Let's just say that I probably use things way beyond their utility or their recommended use-by date.  The exception being, if it's growing things, I will NOT do the cut around the mold on the cheese. One of my roommates keeps a moldy block in the fridge and just cuts around it, not even bothering to throw away what she cut around.  More power to her, she probably saves money in the cheese department, but I will not do it. However, there is one thing which I go through faster than most any woman I know.  Razors.

Perhaps part of it is that I cannot go more than a day without shaving my legs and underarms.  I don't really know why, as I don't wear tank tops, don't own any shorts, and never wear skirts without nylons on. But the knowledge that my legs have hair on them causes me anxiety, even if no one can see it.  So, my razors are dull by the end of the month. As you can probably guess, a dull-razor shave doesn't cut it--I'll still have stubble and missed spots! In my defense, if I'm in Washington or Summer New York, they're starting to rust anyways, which doesn't seem safe.

Many women ask me, don't you get razor-burn?  No, I don't.  I guess I have skin of steel, but I don't get razor burn.  Even though I don't use anything but water and the razor--no shaving cream, not even soap--I just don't get razor-burn. And I have only cut myself once, and I was fourteen.

I'm not really picky about my razors.  I use the plain Venus.  I may be a fairly frugal person, but still I don't do the one-use disposal bics that come in a pack of fifty.  Might as well use safety scissors. However, this Friday, I went to Walmart to get some more razor heads.  The Venus Divine (the head just nicer than the Venus), was on sale as to be cheaper than the Venus, so I went for those instead.  To make it even a better steal, the Divine box had a free sample of the even-nicer Venus Embrace inside.

I'm going to be complete honest.  I don't get it.  I don't get the gelly stuff that comes on the razor and dispenses.  I don't even know what that stuff is. What is the point?  The only thing that seemed nicer about the Embrace is that it has five blades instead of the three of a Venus. But, apparently it has nicer gelly stuff as well. 

For what it's worth, I did go on to the Venus website and took their little matching thing.  I didn't really know which option to choose for the "How do you take care of your skin" question, because the least maintenance option was "Nothing extraordinary, but I always give it a little TLC," which doesn't describe me.  The best description of my skin-care regimen would be "I regularly forget sunscreen, I never use lotion unless I'm starting to get scales, and even then, I'll put it off for as long as possible, and I scour with Irish Spring cause I like the smell." However, they did give me enough opportunity to stress the importance of "I do not want to see any keratin poking out of my skin," and they told me that the Embrace was the blade for me, because it's the closest shave they have.  I really do appreciate the closeness. My legs and underarms are completely bald.  But why do I need the gelly-stuff?

Why can't I get a razor with the quintuple blade without gelly stuff?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Over-analyzing Disney Movies: The Little Mermaid--Why Eric is White.

Derevaun Seraun! Derevaun Seraun!

What does it mean to be a Russell?