Life is Good

As I scurry around BYU campus each and everyday, I find myself stressing over many things. I stress about the fact that, try as I might, I can't always make political philosophy and American history make sense to my students. I stress about the fact that I can never remember that a dalet looks like a "t," whereas a resh looks like half of a "t." I stress about how my hands shake because of my natural physiology, and thus each new gel-load is an adventure for me. I stress about how Elizabeth Whitemarsh appears to be married to Thomas Clarke, even though family records have her being married to John Clark. I stress about how my ward's family history/indexing numbers are not even big enough to merit five digits, and if I were not a part of the ward, we wouldn't even merit four digits; without my committee, we wouldn't even merit three. I stress about why hydrogen cannot hybridize its orbitals, but carbon can. I stress about how my characters fell in love, and didn't really seem to have any reason other than the fact that I felt obligated to include some level of romance. I stress about whether or not I should plan for the possibility of medical school while being married, or just surrender myself to maidenhood and plan for it without. But, with all this stress that I put upon myself, life really is good.

I have an awesome family:



Two nephews to gladden my heart:



An nice apartment with many roommates to keep my company:



Even if they do things that leave me all by myself sometimes; like, getting engaged:


Or getting boyfriends:



But I guess when push comes to shove, there are, in fact, worse things that they could do.

Anyhow, I suppose that when all is said and done, I have it pretty nice here in Provo, UT. Even if I do have to stress about whether or not there is euchromatin inside the nucleolus.

Comments

Amy R said…
Fun post, Hannah. It made me smile at many times.
cg.gwhatch said…
I think life is good too, even though, I am getting somewhat ancient.

Popular posts from this blog

Over-analyzing Disney Movies: The Little Mermaid--Why Eric is White.

Derevaun Seraun! Derevaun Seraun!

What does it mean to be a Russell?