As Time Goes By

(A little background music while you read my post):

Back in New York, and not quite sure what I'm doing with my life next. That is Hannah.

I am currently working as a CNA at Finger Lakes Health (specifically Soldiers and Sailors Memorial Hospital). I am glad to be working here, and as I've gone through their training on their technology, equipment and gone through their protocols and policies, must say that if I'm injured in the Finger Lakes, and I don't need emergency services that exact minute, I say go to Finger Lakes Health. They have top notch technology, comprehensive injury prevention protocols, their accident prevention is phenomenal (particularly their medication verification systems), and their infection control protocols are great. Their transport policies are above and beyond to avoid injury, and after seeing their billing policies as well, so long as they follow them, they will be one of the fairest healthcare systems you'll have ever worked with. Now, that you have my plug...

I don't know what I'm going to do next. I'm planning on MD/PhD still, but I'd really like to go into medical school with exposure to all major areas of healthcare. I've worked in records/billing/clerical, I'm working in "nursing" (I'm technically a nurse, just not what is usually meant when someone says, "I'm a nurse"), I'm going to graduate in diagnostics. A few more to go, but I'd like to do that. The plan isn't solid. Just outlined.

I am also still tutoring for Regents exams. You know, it is what it is. I'm frustrated because the practice tests have not been quite as successful as I had hoped, but we'll keep on keeping on.

The rest of the time, I have a summer plan.
  1. Index 1000 names--I have about 400 done so far.
  2. build the patio*--I'm building a patio in my parents' backyard. Don't worry, they wanted it, I'm not just doing it. But, I've got some bits and pieces done, but I need to get going with that this week.
  3. clean out the flower beds*--off and on, but my parents have worked with this a lot
  4. clean out the basement*--okay, I don't know if this one will happen, because I don't know what to do with what.
  5. decorate the guest room-- mostly done, to tell you the truth
  6. read City Upon a Hill--So, I've been hired as an American Heritage TA, so I have to read the textbook. We all have to do things that we don't really like to get something that we want, right?
  7. read Articles for research in fall--I'm going to be working with a professor at BYU on some research, come fall, so I'd like to have a thorough understanding of this lab's past literature going in.
  8. finish novel (specific novel) first draft*--Yeah. I'm getting there. This novel has been being planned to be finished by x date for about the past 4 years. I just keep changing things. And changing them for the better, but the fact of the matter is that I need to finish the thing.
And then, there's church. So, most of the time I have been here, I have been working with the primary or nursery or something. I have been asked if I would be willing to be the official sunbeam wrangler. And I said yes. You see, here in the Canandaigua Ward, we have a whole piece of the ward ditch us during the Hill Cumorah Pageant. As such, there gets to be understaffing, particularly in places where they have trouble digging up substitutes, like the primary. To compact the problem, everyone has visitors during the Pageant, which is great, but overwhelming! They need someone to wrangle sunbeams while the sunbeam teacher is in the Hill Cumorah Pageant, so I will probably do that. Today, I was a sunbeam wrangler as well, even though the teacher was there. We have some very active sunbeams, and a fairly severely autistic sunbeam, so it can get interesting in there. Today, by the end of church, we had a 3 adults to 5 children ratio going on in there: the teacher, myself, and the boy with autism's father (it was a hard day for him. I don't know why today was agitating, but before his father came, I was hit and kicked several times. Don't worry, I don't hold it against him. I understand). I really love it in primary, and I'm excited for this assignment if they make it official.

Comments

I got tired just reading about your schedule. Good luck!
It sounds like a lifetime of projects, not just a summer.

Popular posts from this blog

Over-analyzing Disney Movies: The Little Mermaid--Why Eric is White.

Derevaun Seraun! Derevaun Seraun!

What does it mean to be a Russell?