A Frightening Facebook Fad

All right, so last week, there was a Facebook Fad. Girls all over me were posting a color as their status update. Or sometimes it was a pattern, such as polka dot, striped, pinstriped. Or sometimes it was something such as lacy. I didn't really know what was up with it, so I just ignored it. I'm usually out of it. Not really anything new there. Finally, after most every girl I know had posted (especially popular among those whom I do not know from BYU), I figured, "I've got to figure out what's going on here." So I asked.

Apparently, all over, girls were posting the color of their bras! Apparently, the boys weren't supposed to know. Apparently, this was somehow supposed to raise breast cancer awareness. How it raises the awareness when we're keeping a secret from the guys? I'm not quite sure.

But all the same, I am happy to announce, that you are not going to find out the hue of my undergarments. It's not that I have no sympathy for cancer patients. I really do. But in the long run, I don't think this really helps them.

Girls get mad when guys talk about their mammary glands. Why are they drawing attention to them?

I'm sorry if anyone out there found this to be a good project or whatever, it's just plain, flat-out weird. I'll raise awareness some other way, thank you much.

Comments

Evelyn said…
I did receive notification from THREE female Facebook friends and still did not post. Alas, I rarely can bring myself to obey any command to join any type of bandwagon, especially Facebook ones or email forwards. My rebellious nature perhaps?
My goodness! Thanks for sharing. I never would have known or had any idea. gwh

Popular posts from this blog

Over-analyzing Disney Movies: The Little Mermaid--Why Eric is White.

Derevaun Seraun! Derevaun Seraun!

What does it mean to be a Russell?